Mark Gerzon, President Mediators Foundation
This project is made possible through the generous support of The John E. Fetzer Institute with Program Officer Tom Callanan providing oversight.
During the first year of this collaborative, CTC will seek to accomplish the following five objectives:
- Establish and convene a Steering Committee to lead and guide the collaborative.
- Develop a working partnership between the collaborative and a number of other related organizations potentially including but not limited to the International Task Force on Preventive Diplomacy affiliated with the East West Institute and the Global Partnership for the Prevention of Armed Conflict affiliated with the European Center for Conflict Prevention. Convene a gathering between the CTC and these partners referred to later in this Agreement as the “partnership gathering.”
- Develop a working partnership with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and convene, in partnership with them, a large gathering of approximately 35 members of the CTC.
- Develop a website for the Collaborative and a first draft “Conflict Transformation Toolkit” on DVD that will serve as mechanisms for reaching out to a wider group of 100-plus practitioners.
- Explore joint-action projects in Africa, South Asia and Latin America and develop and expand CTC’s funding sources to support these activities.